Middle School Programs
Transform your Classroom into a Living Laboratory!
Prepare your students to roll up their sleeves to become REAL scientists performing REAL experiments! Known for our innovative approach to science, High Touch High Tech of Maine is the #1 choice among teachers, administrators, parents and especially the students!
High Touch High Tech of Maine allows students to discover the realities of science in their everyday lives by providing a hands-on experience that goes beyond the classroom! Middle school students in grades 6-8 can become real scientists and have fun while learning the fundamentals of Earth & Space Science, Biology, Physics, & even Chemistry!
- New - Climate Commandos© Students will gain an understanding of how the climate of the earth is changing by preforming some cool experiments. Young scientists will be able to conceptualize environmental occurrences of the Coriolis factor and the gulf stream, and discover how global warming will affect the earth.
- New - DNA Detectives© Using sophisticated DNA forensic techniques, students will have fun as we investigate DNA extractions, touch REAL DNA, explore electrophoresis, and build our very own DNA molecule to eat!
- Cosmic Capers© Travel through space as we explore our solar system. Jump on the moon, make craters, and enjoy astronaut ice cream. Learn about our planets, the moon, eclipses and much more.
- Fusion Fusion NO conFUSION© Discover the difference between fission and fusion, and how these powerful energies are sustainable. Have fun as we discover a chain reaction, and get energized as we work with lasers and photons.
- Miley-Virus© Explore the cool and creepy world of the virus. Discover how a virus is neither alive nor dead. Have FUN as we learn how a virus invades a cell and takes over. Build your very own virus to keep, and much more!
Encourage science discovery in children around the world!
60-Minute In-Class Field Trip:
$9.00 per student: $180.00/program minimum
Please Note: A travel fee will apply
This supply intensive, educational experience includes all equipment and materials needed to turn your classroom into a real science laboratory!
We use materials that are concrete, safe and relevant to the everyday lives for students of all ages. Upon completion of the field trip, students will receive a cool science certificate and ALL programs provide make-and-take experiments.
Teachers and Parent Chaperones are welcome to participate free of charge. Program fees are usually paid by Parents, PTA/PTO or Grant Dollars.
Investigate how fun and interesting science can be through hands-on learning!
When booking your program, please have the following information available:
* Name of School
* Program(s) you have chosen
* Dates with alternates
* Number of classes
* Approx. Number of students per class
Due to the high demand of our programming, we require a $35 non-refundable deposit per class for all reservations. This deposit secures your requested date of programming & is applied toward your final balance.
Our 2021-2022 Calendar is Filling Up Fast!
Reserve Your In-School Field Trip, Today!
Contact our Office by Phone at 207.400.0937 or Save Time & Book Online.
Q: Can teachers step out of the classroom while the Scientist is facilitating the program?
A: Teachers are requested to remain in the classroom throughout the program. We encourage teachers to participate and rely on their feedback to assist in our efforts to continuously improve upon our FUN and exciting hands on science experiences.
Q: How should I set up my classroom in preparation for the Scientist?
A: Our Scientist and your students will need either desk tops or table tops at which to conduct their hands-on science experiments. We also ask that you have a Chalkboard or Dry Erase board available for use by our Scientist. Note that some programs may require access to water; therefore, access to a sink and tap would also be helpful.
Q: Can I pay for a HTHT in-school field trip with grant dollars that have been awarded to my school?
A: Yes. Many schools pay for their High Touch High Tech programs with grant dollars received via the 21st Century Grant, Eisenhower Grant and several Local & State Grants.
Join in experimentation that challenges student problem solving skills!